Monday, June 21, 2010

Summer Is Here


The reunion was a success with 27 out of 47 attending.   We had a wonderful evening visiting and catching up with each other.  It was potluck, so the food was excellent too.  Classmates traveled from Texas, Colorado, Kansas, Montana and Oklahoma.  There were 16 from SD.   It was fun catching up with the locals too as we don't see each other often either.  

I had fun mail today.  I won a giveaway a while back and received it today.  Simona aka Rockgranny from Krpe&zakrpe  sent me 7 beautiful fat quarters that I won in her giveaway.  She also included a lovely doily.  It has butterflies on it--my favorite.  It is so pretty.  Thank you, Simona so very much.


I have really enjoyed getting to know bloggers from other countries.    As quilters we have so much in common no matter where we live.  I appreciate the extra expense that Simona paid to send me my prize.  It was very nice of her to include me in her giveaway.

I needed some more Blush fabric to sash my pinwheel blocks.  I looked online at http://www.quiltshops.com/ and did a search for Moda Blush Sale.  I like to support my local shops, but sometime they don't carry everything I like or need.  This site narrows the search quickly and easily for the fabric I'm looking for and on sale too.
I'd never ordered from www.quilt-this.com before, but they had the Blush fabric I wanted and it was on sale for $6.54 a yard.  :)  I ordered on Wednesday 6/16 and received it today 6/21.   They are from Orange City, FL.  They included a nice note on a pretty postcard and some 2  very pretty bookmarks with my order.  I was very good and only ordered the Blush material I needed.  They have great prices on fabric and pre-cuts.  Their charms pack prices were the lowest I've seen.  Just thought I'd share my experience with them.  It was a good one.

Thank you for all the nice comments on my Father's Day post.  I grew up in a time that fathers didn't show much affection to their children.  I'm very thankful that my Dad lived long enough for me to mature enough to tell him I loved him.  There was a period of years that he didn't speak to DH and I.   I am thankful that toward the last of his life he could tell me he was proud of me and loved me too.   Family relationships can cause us alot of angst and pain.   Communication is sometimes hardest with those we love the most.  I always try to remember the good times and look for the best in everyone. Sometimes all you can do is pray for the person and yourself.  

DH is working at the neighbors this afternoon.  I better start making the best use of my "free time".  
Hugs to you all..............................

6 comments:

  1. I'm nearly home-bound, so I order online ALL the time. I use that quiltshops search engine every time I know for sure what I want, and always type in the word "sale" just after the item. I've found some wonderful prices that way.

    Nice that you had such a good reunion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a fun time at your reunion and am very pleased that communication problems were resolved with your dad before he died. Families are a complicated business aren't they.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad it was a fun reunion for you and your classmates - and spouses, too. You said your class had 47 in it - that is about what my class of 1946 had - 45. In looking at your picture of all of you, it looks as if you girls outnumbered the fellows a lot! In my class we had 15 guys and 30 gals - 2 to 1 - but no marriages within the class. Have a great week, Janet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pleased you had a good time catching up with old classmates.

    Thanks for the links to fabric shop. Have popped them into favorites.

    Your giveaway fabric and doily are lovely.

    Have a happy week.

    Oh What is grey puss's name on side bar. Great photo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great group there. My 45th high school reunion is this year. A much bigger class from Fresno, California. I will be going and see if I can catch up with a few. Love your fabric win. Happy quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love quiltshops.com. It's a great way to find that elusive piece of fabric.

    ReplyDelete