This is a sign you will see as you approach our ranch. DH made these signs last year to alert traffic to the small dog, Rocco that had just moved in. Delivery drivers (UPS and FedEx) drive way too fast on our little country road as they quickly make their rounds. Although our road goes from gravel to 2 wheel trail, it is used by neighbors, farmers and hunters who cut across to save time. They are usually in a big hurry.
Some days lately I've wished I had a sign. SLOW TIRED WIFE lol We are working on the pens behind the barn today. We will be using these pens to sort the cattle into groups of cows and calves. Each bunch will get vaccinated and poured separately. There will be lots of bawling and mooing going on.
The planters are here trying to get our sunflowers planted. We grow the kind of sunflowers people eat, not the kind for making oil. They planted all afternoon yesterday until it rained last night. It rained .22, so they should be able to plant later today. It will be a partial planting, because most of the fields have parts that are under water. It is suppose to rain tonight too.
I'm guilty of reading quilt blogs instead of sewing in the little free time I have. Have you been to Prairie Flower Farm? Of course, it involved the lure of a free redwork pattern! I have a weakness for snowmen, so the Spring Thyme and Summer Thyme blocks are just too cute for me to pass up. I enjoyed her farm pictures and I am using a photo and verse that she said I could use. I'll visit there again. I found her by way of Free Stitchin' Patterns. This site is great for feeding the stitchin and snowman passionate sewer too.
I'm looking forward to DD #1 coming home later today for the whole week-end. DH will work her buns off.
Too bad my buns don't work off--my knees just hurt. Aleve--I love you!
Just a reminder to myself, to spend more time seeking. And to remember that our grass is green and not brown, so I better not complain about rain. :) Hugs to you all....................................


What a lovely blog message to read on a Friday afternoon before I set out for a busy weekend.
ReplyDeleteYour grass certainly is green and very lush! Love the sign. Hope you all have a great weekend coming up. Hugs back, Carol
ReplyDeleteI follow Prairie Flower Farm, Linda is a sweet woman and is also a member of our virtual quilting blog a Dozen Quilters. Love your sign to watch out for small dogs. We have a mini-schnauzer and I worry when she runs out in the road, she so tiny I'm afraid cars won't see her, not that I let her run but she sometimes gets away. Enjoy your weekend.
ReplyDeleteWhat you really would love to do is put a sign up.... walking only please. :-)
ReplyDeleteSign is a good idea though :-) x x x
That's a great idea with the sign. Hopefully all those drivers to take notice and slow right down. Sounds like a busy weekend ahead for you. Enjoy having your daughter home.
ReplyDeleteI hear ya about certain drivers driving too fast. We live on a NON-drive through street and the couple who live at the end of street drive so fast, it's rediculous. I do NOT permit the grandkids to ride their bikes off the driveway.
ReplyDeleteYes, this couple also has grandkids.
What's the point?
I understand your frustration.
Great sign! We have lots of green grass too thanks to all the rain we've had. And lots of weeds in the flowerbeds. But yes...we have to count our blessings! :0)
ReplyDeleteGreat sign got to look after your small pets.
ReplyDeleteA wonderful sign for your critter! Love it!
ReplyDeleteYour farm must be so wonderful.
Hugs and have a good week.