I couldn't resist a shot of the full moon rising. It always seems so strange to see the moon during the day.
No sewing this week, since the pinwheel block. I've been in kind of a funk--maybe it's the full moon's fault. I'm looking forward to a better sewing week. I just need to get my groove back.
We made a road trip and bought 2 new bulls to breed the heifers. Hopefully these guys will put an end to the c-section problem next year.
The vet came and did the annual check-up on the rest of the bulls. They got shots and pour on. The bulls were put out yesterday, so calving will begin again next April. We have 3 pastures of cattle now to rotate grazing and check fences on.
The cattle rubbers needed a little maintainence. The cattle can rub on this to keep their flies away. The flies and mosquitoes are really bad this year, so we keep a rubber in each pasture.
Rocco enjoyed some time checking out the gopher holes. He needed a drink of water, which we always carry with us for him. It was a hot morning for a little black dog.
DH and Rocco checking fences.
We are headed home from the pasture. This week we will start mowing, raking and baling. I hope I have some sewing to post next time. Hugs.............







It is hard to think quilts and cows at the same time. The outside work (as my mother calls it) can be so demanding, and then there is the inside work (People do insist on eating), and there is little time left for "just because." You'll get the desire back about the same time you get a little time back, too.
ReplyDeleteYes I agree with all Deanna said.
ReplyDeleteI love to read your post about the cattle and what you do. The rubbers were interesting for me. Never heard of them.
Great photo of the moon.
You will get back into a bit of sewing soon.
Cara Janet, abiti in un posto bellissimo!!!!
ReplyDeleteVedere le tue foto ci piace molto!
Baci dall'Italia
Cri&Anna
Great to see what other bloggers get up to. Thank you for the photo's.
ReplyDeleteHappy days.
Bev.xoxo
Golly but your landscapes are enormous! I'm used to small stone walled fields, and lots of hills and dips- flat country fascinates me!
ReplyDeleteThe farmers round us have been getting their first cut of silage in over the past week, before the thunderstorms hit at the weekend. The rain was well needed though, and the heat for here had quite built up. They're all mending fences and doing maintenance now that the frass is cut, and before it gets high again for the second cutting in September.
So its hardly surprising you haven't been sewing so much.
The full moon does look eerie though, doesn't it? And it does affect people who live close to the land- I've heard....not that I'm implying you're a wereworf or anything.....!!!!!
I love the farm pictures. I live in the burbs, but have a pasture in back of my house with someone else's cows, and I enjoy them everyday.
ReplyDelete