When I made my last pinwheel block, I forgot that I used the "white grunge" for the background fabric in every block. Yesterday I put up all the blocks on my design wall and it just didn't look right to me. I made another block with the white background. Now I have a lovely orphan block--I'm thinking--pillow. :) I spent some time rearranging blocks until I decided this was "it".
I cut sashings strips and got the first two rows done. I'm trying to decide if I want to make 25 little pinwheels for the cornerstones. I've looked at some of the lovely quilts in the flickr group that did that and I really liked the way they looked. I could also use different color squares for the cornerstones too. OR I could sash and be done. I'm just pleased to have gotten this far. I wish I could create as quickly as I can think up ways to do things. I read on someone's blog the other day (I forget whose---sorry) to enjoy the process and not just try to get that "#$%^& quilt done". It would be nice to have a "finish", but I am a pokey quilter. I'm glad to get the reassurance "it's good to be that way" from another quilter.
I think this little bunny is the cutest thing. He is the last block in Paula's Seasons Sew Along. Now I can trim and sew this together too. I entered a giveaway for Paula's two newest patterns. I won! How cool is that. I think they are really cute patterns for children's quilts.
DH has been enjoying the sweet smell of freshly cut alfalfa. He is hoping the rain will hold off until it dries alittle and then he can bale it into large round bales to feed the cattle this winter. We made a trip to town today with 3 old cows and the bull that didn't pass the vet's testing. With luck the check will pay for the 3 new bulls we bought.
I stocked up on groceries and DH bought some fishing tackle. We may sneak away to fish a day this week-end. Hugs.......................





I love visiting your blog.. more cow pic please :-)
ReplyDeleteAll quilters unite, because it's so long a go since I made a quilt. Fingers fumble.....
love to see other fingers work.. x x x
Your pinwheel quilt is looking great. I can't wait to see the finished project. Your bunny is so cute. I have been collecting those patterns too for a future project. I look forward to seeing yours all together.
ReplyDeleteYour pinwheel quilt is going to be so lovely. I smiled as soon as I saw it.
ReplyDeleteWinon
Loving the pin wheels!! I keep playing around with my sashing too, not sure what I want to do.
ReplyDeleteGuess I am "slow" too :)
SheilaC
Really like your pinwheel blocks....and your block 9 from the previous post...I am keeping up with the JR Sampler also.
ReplyDeleteYour pinwheel blocks are great--I like the colors and the variety of blocks. Have fun fishing!!!
ReplyDeleteYour pinwheels look lovely - how different does that block look with the different coloured background! I think it would look great with little pinwheels as the cornerstones.
ReplyDeleteHope you get to go fishing on the weekend and catch a big one!
What pretty blocks - love the colors. I am sure whatever you decide to do with the sashing will be lovely. Hope you get to go fishing - that was one thing that my husband and I did a lot of over the 48 years we had together. We would go to Arkansas twice a year to fish on Beaver Lake when we lived in Kansas City. I always loved fishing--such a peaceful thing to do. Have fun and catch lots.
ReplyDeleteI love you pinwheels. Have looked at the flicka group and I do not like the small pinwheels on the corners, too busy. I prefer the way you have them together.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your day fishing and hope you get a big one.
I do like your pinwheel blocks. The colours that you used are very pritty.
ReplyDeleteYour pinwheel quilt is just so pretty! You did a great job!
ReplyDeleteMicki
Love the little bunny, the pin wheels are coming along just fine too!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE your pinwheel quilt! Such great colors. Great job and good luck with deciding on your sashing. Either way it will be a stunning quilt!
ReplyDeleteHello Janet, Great job on the pinwheel quilt. Interested to hear about the alfalfa. Congratulations on winning Paula's patterns,enjoy.
ReplyDeleteHappy days.
Bev.xoxo
Your pinwheel quilt looks great! The block placement looks perfect. Deciding along the way is part of the fun, but it can seem to take longer and longer the closer it is to the end. So worth it though, to have a finished quilt.
ReplyDeleteI love your pinheels. They look gorgeous.
ReplyDelete