Thursday, June 17, 2010

Time Flies

They say time flies when you are having fun.  It flies when you aren't too.  My time just seems to fly by. 

I can't believe it's Thursday already.  I don't even remember what happened on Monday.  It rained.   I do know I made time to sew a pinwheel block in the afternoon.  I have one more of these to make for the total 16 blocks.  I don't think I will make any more blocks.  I'm going to put a border on it tho.

Tuesday morning we moved some cattle to a different pasture.  We try to be good stewards of our land and not let it get grazed down too short.  We drove 75 miles to restock fencing supplies and finally buy some vegetable plants for the garden.  It's getting kind of late to plant and finding nice plants was a challenge.  One fun thing:  we took Michelle to lunch before her 2-10 shift at the living center.  We hurried home to get some older cows in that lost calves or didn't have calves for the sale on Wednesday.  

Miss Puss is an inside cat only.  She loves to watch the birds out the window.  She talks to them too.  I may have to leave the plant stake there by the window, so her friends can continue to visit with her.





 Wednesday was a trip to the sale barn 35 miles away with the 4 cows.  They were hard to load in the trailer.  I was so thankful neither one of us got hurt--it was good riddance to that cow.  We took time to restock groceries and pick up some flowers to plant.  DH went in with me to the small variety store.  He bought us a new grill and a fishing rod.  We used the grill last night.  I'll be sure to let you know as soon as he uses that new rod/reel.  Maybe he really is thinking about a day off.  It was finally dry enough to plant some more sunflowers late in the afternoon.  I did some laundry and cleaning.


A new family of kittens have been moved to under the deck.   Their mom is a wild thing, so I'm not sure why she brought them up.  I would guess food might be the reason or something threatened them where they were.

I love watching the finches in the early morning.  They are such a busy crew.  It rained .10 early this morning.  I'm not sure if the sunflowers will get finished up today or not.  It is a fixing day.  I helped DH pull the truck up to the shop this morning.  The compressor for the AC on the tractor needs to be replaced.  I'm not sure what he plans to do today, but I hope I'm not involved.   :)

8 comments:

  1. cute kitties, nice looking block.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes were does the time go. Must say you have been very busy on the farm again.

    Great photos of the cat watching the birds.

    What gorgeous kittens.Are you sure Peanut is not the father. Maybe Mother cat thinks he needs to step up and help. LOL.

    Have a great weekend Hugz Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Janet, how do you ever find time to do any quilting at all? I know life on a farm/ranch is a lot of work and everyone has to do their part...so I'm sure your time does go by very quickly!

    Your Miss Puss is adorable watching the birds from the window. Mine do that, too. And those kittens are soooo adorable. I agree with Maria...they look a lot like Peanut! =^..^=

    Have a great day!

    XOXO,

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cat is adorable and love the new kitties.
    It was fun sharing it all with you!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  5. HOw cute that Miss Puss sits and gazes out the window. I think she found her "spot".

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another great post, Janet. Love reading about your life there and how much you enjoy what you do even though it is lots of hard work. You notice such lovely, normal, small things that add so much to daily living - the kitties, the finches at the feeder - there's a lot of beauty out there that is free! And, my dear, pretty, pretty quilt block! Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Janet, so glad you found some time to make that beautiful block. Animals must gravitate to you. I am sure those kittens must love the attention you are giving them. Have a great weekend.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the kitties. I am a real sucker for a yellow/orange cat!

    ReplyDelete