I finished Block 9 of the Jelly Roll Sampler quilt along. This seems to be the only one I'm keeping up with. I don't have very many pieces of my jelly roll left and I'm wondering what the last 3 blocks will need. It will be fun to see what the designers come up with. This has been a fun quilt along with all the different designers and their blogs to visit.
I'm going to get out my pinwheel blocks and look at them. They need to be pressed and trimmed. I need to decide what color sashing to use.
I am remembering my big brother, Bill today. It's his birthday. He would have been 65. He passed away in February 2009. He had many lung and breathing problems over the years due to genes, Vietnam and his line of work (mechanic). In August of 2007 Bill had a double lung transplant. Things went pretty well for him for about 1 year and then downhill from there. I'll call his wife, Jeanne tonight. I know his family are all thinking of him today. He was a wonderful brother, husband, father, step-father, grandfather and uncle to many. Love and miss you, Bill.
Today DH is cutting alfalfa for baling. I made him lunch, so he could spend the whole day in the tractor. Rocco and I made the rounds of checking on everyone this morning. It's hard to believe it's going to be the 4th of July on Sunday. It looks like our corn will be "knee high by the 4th of July". This last week has been hot and humid and the corn has just shot up.
I'm headed back to the sewing room. Let's see what I can get done. Hugs..................



The block looks so pretty. I am sorry to hear about your brother. My Hubby was a mechanic for alot of years and that is hard work. We are having hot and humid weather here in WV too. They say a cool front is coming in on Wednesday, I hope.
ReplyDeleteWillow
One block at a time! You have my thoughts and prayers as you think of your brother and your special memories. Special days-like birthdays--are difficult. We are cutting first crop on some fields. The fields where we took off the alfalfa the end of May is ready to cut second crop. I think the rain is going to hold off a few days. I love the way SD fields seem to go on forever!
ReplyDeleteYour block looks lovely. Nice colours.
ReplyDeleteThe the header picture is very pretty as are the feilds of crops.
Happy memories of your brother.Special days are difficult.
Hope you get some time to sit and stitch today.
Hugz, Maria
Love your new block. So sorry about your brother, but I'm so glad your memories of him are good. Although I haven't lived on a farm for many years, one of my favorite smells is fresh cut alfalfa.
ReplyDeleteCute block. I'll send a prayer up for your brother and his family. Happy sewing.
ReplyDeleteRemembering the special people who have gone before us is such a mixture of gratitude and sorrow- thinking of you and the extended family.
ReplyDeleteYour block looks good! I didn't care for the last two blocks so I'm making two different ones and then putting the nine together into a table topper. No sense going on with a project I don't like. This way I can finish it and like it both! :0)
ReplyDelete