Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Vacation


I "feel" like I'm on vacation.  DH is helping at the neighbors for a couple days and I am just enjoying it so much.  :)  I'm feeling a little guilty, but it's so nice to have the whole day to just putter about doing whatever I feel like.   Rocco and I slept in this morning.  I know it's a waste of a beautiful cool morning, but it's been so long since I slept til 9:00 am.  Rocco enjoyed it too.   I spent a half hour on the deck drinking coffee and telling God what a beautiful day He had made.  Blackie and I watched her babies.  The kittens were in high spirits as they ran, chased and fought with each other.



Rocco wanted to join in the fun, too.  The kittens aren't sure what to think of him yet.  He loves it when they jump at him.  He takes off running in circles around the yard and wants them to chase him.

The black one is such a scamp.  He was sneaking up on me too.  He's all black, but has about 6 white hairs in the middle of his head between his ears.

The striped one has such pretty markings.  The "bride" is hoping to take him home with her.
I did catch up on laundry yesterday and do some sewing.  This is the last of the Blush pinwheels, so now I can start sashing.  I've been looking at the quilts in the flickr group for finishing ideas.  There are lots of pretty quilts.



I finished the stitching on the Gifts of Grace block "Patience".  I've really been enjoying these blocks.


Oh, dear I have so much that I should be doing, but oh what fun to just goof off.   Enjoy your day--I'm going to.
Hugs..........................

9 comments:

  1. Janet, your Blush block is beautiful, but your blog is more so :) Hope you don't mind if I become a follower of yours ... very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pleasant post--I am having a hectic day and just turned on to check e-mail and here you were. Thanks!

    ps--my daughter wants a kitty really bad, but we already have two cats. Poor sad daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What cute kitties and what cute blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely morning you've had. I can't think of anyone who deserves a bit of a break more than you after all the work you've had to do lately. I'm sure you will feel refreshed and ready to start again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janet, I would say that you have earned a day to do whatever you wish - sleeping late, playing with the darling kitties, working on your quilts, just taking in God's world - those days refresh your soul. Enjoy doing whatever you want to do even if it is nothing at all! Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you had a lovely day. It is so good to just relax and do whatever sometimes for you Janet. You are always busy helping on the farm.

    Kittens are cute. My Mum would call them "Time Wasters" as you can sit and watch there antics for hours.

    Your blocks look great. I like the colours in the flush one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some of my favorite days are those spent totally by myself, doing what I want. Some are the most productive days I have, and at the end of others, I have nothing to show that I accomplished. But all are relaxing and just what I need at that time.
    That quilt shop online looks like a place where I could put my credit card to good use. I don't know whether to thank you for the name, or not.
    Enjoy your solitude, and give the kittens a gentle hug from me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't you just love those "holiday" days? I love your blush block by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your "Patience" block is so pretty. I have saved the patterns but not stitched any.

    ReplyDelete