I also wanted to let you know you can help a friend of mine win a "GO". If you visit Sheilac's blog, she will tell you all about it. Or you can go straight to Bejeweled Quilts by Barb and vote for My Empty Nest is Full of Cat Hair in the upper lefthand corner. I know Sheilac would be so grateful to you for your support. I went and voted for her last night. How awesome it would be to win a "GO".
Thanks Marilyn and Sheilac for being followers and blog friends.
I also wanted to let you know about a give away Jane's Fabric's is having. It is her 400th post and a big 2 year anniversary. She is having a week long celebration.
We have been getting yards and pastures ready. I took a few photos of the natural prairie for you. This is north of our place in what we call the "big pasture". It is the summer home for most of our herd. We have had a lot of rain and the grass is the tallest I've ever seen it. There is also water in more places than I've ever seen. It is a beautiful place. It wasn't a sunny day for me tho--kind of overcast skies.
I wish I was more of an expert, but I can't tell you the names of these plants. I just love the natural growth of it all. I am looking forward to getting the cattle worked and moved. We will still need to check on them daily to make sure they are staying in their beautiful home, but I will have more time to myself starting next week. Hopefully, this time can be used to do some sewing, besides gardening and yard work.
Thank you for the comments about answering comments. There were so many nice comments I had to answer some of them. I started blogging for the fun of it and to mainly to join the quilting community of bloggers. I have enjoyed it so much and you have encouraged me through the last 2 busy months. Sometimes calving season can be somewhat of a downer, but this year making new friends really gave me something to look forward to. I'm happy to share our wide open spaces too. It has been fun to visit your states and countries. I love the recipes, family sharing and especially the quilting.
Thank you to all my new friends for keeping my spirits high. Hugs to you all.................





I voted for Sheila, too. She is a blog friend of mine and one that encouraged me to get started. She plays down her good works, but she is certainly kind.
ReplyDeleteHi Janet! Yes, I voted for Sheila also as she is a blog friend of mine, too! I sure hope she wins.
ReplyDeleteYour pictures of the prairie are delightful. What a lovely place - I'm sure your herd will be quite happy there!
XOXO,
Cyndi
I voted for Sheila. I have enjoyed getting to know her though blogging! Love your pictures--and your reading about your daily chores. We finally received rain yesterday! An all day soaker that was beautiful!
ReplyDeleteIt's my pleasure to follow your blog and meet your world that is so different than mine! So good you wrote me the first time!
ReplyDeleteHugs
Eli
oh no you didn't!!!!
ReplyDeleteI am blushing and grateful for you my friend(s)
Janet thanks for the "Plug" and the bloggy love!!
I hope I can return the favor one day...
xxoo
SheilaC
I love you photos of your life on the ranch it is a far different world than mine and your landscape is beautiful.
ReplyDeleteI will have to go and check out Barb's blog re the go person. It is a fun way that she is doing for the giveaway.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the other links for the giveaways.
I love the fields of meadow flowers and growth- My grandparents were farmers and I remember walking in the fields in the summer and seeing the flowers - I can almost smell them- It is strange isn't it what things you remember.
Thanks for sharing- hope the calving is going well.
Regards,
Anna