Thursday, April 15, 2010

2 down-2 to go


Two down and 2 to go--pinwheel blocks I mean.  I got the 2 Blush blocks done today and the purple and green ones cut out.  This was a fun and easy block.  There is only one more week of this quilt along.  It has been a lot of fun and I am looking forward to putting these blocks together.  I'm wondering how Rachel is going to put them together.

With the warmer temperatures the last 3 days, my green thumb is starting to itch.  I finished cleaning off the garden spot today.  There is still snow on one end of it that needs to melt. 

I did find a couple of surprises.

I love those little pansy faced purples that come up volunteer.  I'm not sure what the white ones are.  I didn't plant anything like them in that area last year.   I won't be planting for another month, but I'm looking forward to it.

It will soon be dry enough for the field work to begin.  We grow oats and corn to feed to our cattle.  We also plant wheat and sunflowers for cash crops.  The next few weeks will be even busier with farming added to the mix.  Hugs to all.................

5 comments:

  1. Living in Australia where we only see snow on the top of a couple of mountains, it always amazes me how plants survive being buried under the snow and come back up and display beautiful flowers. They are very pretty.

    Your pinwheel blocks look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden space looks like rich soil, I look forward to seeing it after you have been busy :-)
    Thankyou for your comment of support on my blog I was feeling a little sorry for myself :-} It did help to have a bit of a rant though. Hugs Juliet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thought I'd pop over and say HI...thanks for joining my Blog...Lovely Pinwheel blocks..
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pinwheel blocks look great. It is amazing that you can get so many different patterns out of a jelly roll.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janet ... you are using blush for the Jelly Roll Sampler Quilt Along! I love the colors and designs in this line! I have been following along on this one, but not sewing along as I am working on other projects. Your pretty blocks do tempt me though. Looking forward to seeing how your quilt comes together ... thanks for sharing ... :-) Pat

    ReplyDelete