
Last night we had put a heifer in the barn at 12:00 am that was showing signs of calving. It was lightly raining too. After a 3 hour nap, we assisted her with a difficult birth about 3:30 am. We were back in bed at 4:00 am. I'm setting the stage for a somewhat tired and crabby DH.
I took the early morning check. So while DH filled the feed wagon, I had time to check our e-mail, my facebook and downloaded the new Fruits of the Spirit BOM from JJ's Gifts and Crafts. I really like this verse in Galations 5: 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. I love doing these little stitcheries in the evening. It's very relaxing to stitch and reflect on my progress at letting the Holy Spirit work in me, so I can have these fruits. I was pleased to see that "Joy" was the new block for April. Thank you to JJ's for the freebies. Love your site!!! I made a note to self........share this site on my blog.The rest of the morning did not go as well. The crazy wind yesterday had blown down part of a wind break. It didn't break the wind --the wind broke the boards. This caused a hole in the wooden fencing that divides areas that hold our heifers for next year and an area with pairs of cows and calves. This made for extra sorting and fixing this morning. That didn't go over too well with DH, because the jack had fallen off the feed wagon--so that needed fixing too. AND one of the gates caught on the feed wagon and the gate needed fixing too. It was a fixing morning. I try to be the positive one in the family. I do lots of praying at times like these. We did alot of extra catch up work with tagging and sorting too. The God wink came later in the day. I love to read. I am afraid there will be more books than I can read, so I listen to audio books while I do other things--sewing, check cattle, cleaning, driving to town, etc. I am "reading" Nicholas Sparks book The Last Song. As I drove back from 8:00 pm check the father character in the book shares a bible verse with his daughter. The verses were Galatians 5:22 & 23. "God wink" Just a reminder to me that the Spirit was working overtime today, so I could use my fruits working with DH.
I'm not sure this will make any sense to you, but it did to me. Mainly, it encouraged me and reminded me--God is in everything in my life--the internet, what I read, how I work---"everything". Something I need to remember all the time. Side note: I rent audio books from Free Books.
Here was another little smile from God in my day today:
I'm praying for a less fix-it day tomorrow. Hugs to all ...............

Hope your day is better today. Farm life can be hard at times, but also very fulfilling. Especially in spring with all of the new life.
ReplyDeleteLife on the farm sounds very overwhelming at times, but you give me the impression that you are so up to the task with your positive thoughts and faith. Bless your heart, Janet. I am sure there are lots of wonderful, easier times also. Carol
ReplyDeleteI do like your stitcherys. what a great job do not now how you can fit it all in with the calfing.
ReplyDeleteGreat little stitcheries and how cute is that photo of your two babies together!
ReplyDeleteWhat an awesome "God"wink. Yes--those are some of my favorite verses also. Last fall our pastor did a sermon series on the "Fruits of the Spirit". I learned to much. Our asst. pastor has a 5 year old. One morning he went running to his mom saying, "I'm wearing my fruit of the spirit underwear!"
ReplyDeleteOn certainty of life--there are always things to fix and repair on the farm.
Hi Janet,
ReplyDeleteI love your fruit of the Spirit blocks, and am glad you are enjoying stitching them with us :) I also love thinking about the "fruit" while I stitch, I know I still have to let the Holy Spirit do a lot of work in me...sigh!! I am so looking forward to finishing this quilt and having it there to remind me of these beautiful verses...
Hope the rest of your week is going better,
lv,
Joy (from JJ's!)
Wonderful and really peaceful post. I loved your BOMS.
ReplyDelete