Thursday, April 8, 2010

more pinwheels



I slipped in some sewing time today and finished my pinwheels for week 6.





Now I'm all ready for the next block pattern when Rachel posts it.  She has some lovely quick and easy table runner patterns on her blog today.   If you haven't visited, her blog before, you might want to check it out.

It is a beautiful Spring day in South Dakota.  My main duty in the morning is opening gates and checking on everyone's health.  I watch for new babies, sick babies and new mom's in labor.  DH drives the tractor and feeder wagon and provides the meal for the day.  We also have barn chores, which is kind of like the hospital area.  Today we moved everyone out of the barn into the sunshine.  The pairs were as glad as we were.  The barn is empty again.  I wrote this earlier today.  We just pulled a backwards calf late tonight, so the barn has residents again. 



My little partner, Rocco rides along and supervises.
He's always ready to go for a "ride". 

I found a new to me blog today.  Cyndi at Bee Tree Designs has a fun blog.  She has some free redwork patterns available.   I am always looking for those.  She is also starting a mini mystery project.  I  had a good time exploring her blog and will return again.

I hope things go well in the morning.  I'm suppose to meet with my SILs around 11 a.m. to plan a wedding shower.     Our nephew, who shares a birthday with DH is getting married the end of May. 
 Hugs to you.......

2 comments:

  1. Your pinwheels look great. Boy your paddocks are huge, you can see for miles! Love the cow photos, they have such sweet faces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pinwheels. The colours are great together. The ranch looks very flat and dry, hope your getting some rain.

    ReplyDelete