The weather was crazy today. It was 80 degrees and the wind blew 60 miles an hour. Our little garden shed that took 2 days and much marital discord to construct blew over. It landed on the lawnmower that was parked behind it.
So it now has a hole ripped in the backside and is no longer water tight. The roof is all crunched on the edge. At least it didn't go tumbling any further than it did. The shed was the only thing damaged and did not hurt anything else. The dirt flew and the shingles flapped on our roof all day long.
The best part of the crappy weather---I got to sew. It was too ugly out to tag and sort calves. I did alot of BOM block prepping. I even had time to sew
Block #4 of the Jelly Roll Sampler quilt along.
Hopefully the weather will be better tomorrow. Hugs to all..........................
Goodness it really was windy ! I hope the weather settles for you but at least you got some sewing done .
ReplyDeleteIf the wind was that strong, I think you were very lucky that you only lost the shed. Hope the weather has settled now. I love your Jelly Roll block. They are going to make a beautiful quilt. The fabrics are gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteWe had a big wind like that a month ago. It took down thousands of trees. We lost three but luckily they all managed to miss the house. Now if we could get some of those warmer temperatures, all would be good!
ReplyDeleteWe've had a lot of wind here in South Central Idaho this week. Today the sun is shining and no wind so maybe it will feel warmer. How large an operation do you have? Sounds like you are busy right now. I'm amazed you get any sewing done. We have just under 4 acres and no livestock just 3 cats.
ReplyDeleteOh, I am so sorry about your garden shed...guess it is scrap now, huh? Lovely Jelly roll block, I need to do that one to be caught up.
ReplyDeleteThis is a Pretty Block..
ReplyDeletecheers