This is a picture of the frozen chocolate souffle that was served by the high school's hospitality and tourism class last night. (sorry, kind of a fuzzy photo, but delish). They had a "ladies night out" on Bourbon Street for their class project. The class of 10 prepared a wonderful 6 course meal and provided musical entertainment. I didn't make it to quilting group on Wednesday evening due to some cattle getting out and a fence fixing project.
My good friend, Peg called and had an extra supper ticket, so I whined to DH. It was so nice to get dressed up and spend an evening visiting with other females. I really needed that! Everything went fine at home without me.
I finished up block 4 of "Under the Sea". This block shows Wilma and her baby Wayney. I've had fun with these, because I've never colored with pencils and then stitched the design. I like the way it looks. These are such cute designs from Cheryl Goss.
I haven't had time to study my design wall since I put the pinwheel blocks up. It is raining here today and we have been trying to make sure any newborns are warm and dry. Hopefully, I'll have time to sew again this week-end. Always hoping. :) Hugs to all..........


That frozen souffle looks divine! I love your Under the Sea block, the whale is really cute.
ReplyDeleteI smile so often when I read your posts. They sound so much like my life. It would never fail when ready to go the cattle would be out--or a dairy cow would have milk fever. A bigger smile when you said your friend, "Peg". One of my college roommates was Peg. We have remained close friends through our weddings, babies, graduations, weddings of our children, now we are grandma's together. She is on her way here right now. She lives 5 hours away-we try to get together a couple of times a year.
ReplyDeleteSuch cute Under the Sea Blocks. The little whale makes me smile. :)
ReplyDeleteJust love your blocks - coloring on fabrics is something I am fascinated by. I have done a little bit of it. A few years back one of the girls in our guild bought the neatest kit that you colored then embroidered. Each block was on a different color solid fabric. It was one of the neatest quilts I have ever seen. Have fun coloring, Janet, and stay in the lines!! Just kidding, of course. Have a nice weekend. Carol
ReplyDeleteWhat a yummy looking dessert. I am sure it was enjoyed by all. I am fascinated by your whale block (it's adorable), but not sure I ever heard of the colored pencil thing. Do you use regular colored pencils or special ones? Do you color where you feel like it or is there a special way? Do you have to heat set it? Sorry for all the questions... ;)
ReplyDeleteI love your stitched block and that dessert looks soooo good !
ReplyDelete