We got 1.8 inches of rain yesterday. It was cold in the morning too. I saw a few snowflakes even. When I did early pasture check, one poor little boy was born in the night and was dangerously cold. We loaded him up and took him to the shop. I turned the furnace up to 75 and filled his tummy with warm milk. (We use a special bottle for the warm milk part. The hose goes right down to his stomach. ) Of course, I was praying for him too. We left him in the shop all day and all last night. This morning he was up and going. We moved him to the barn with his mom.
We spent yesterday getting everyone comfortable in the wet and cold. DH scattered straw for bedding. We checked more often for new babies and moved them to pens in the barn as soon as we could. We were both very tired last night.
The sun shone bright today and all was right with the world. Today we played catch up with chores. Then emptied the barns by tagging and medicating calves.
Did you ever give a cat a bath?
Peanut loves to be outside. Yesterday she cried by the patio door until I let her out. This is how she came back. She didn't enjoy her bath--poor baby.
When I can't sew, it's just like I'm obsessed with quilting. I did a bad thing.......................I ordered a couple quilting books. I have plenty of quilting books!! I just can't resist new quilting books. I'll show you later what I got. AND I'm giving one away for May Day, so check back later. Hugs to all.................


Can't wait to see what books you ordered!
ReplyDeleteCat+bath= brave
Poor little calf, he's so lucky that you found him in time and came to save him. When you can't quilt, the next best thing is to shop or to read about quilting. Will it slow down eventually?
ReplyDeleteI'm so pleased the little calf is ok. It is starting to get cold here and after whinging about the summer heat, I am wanting a little bit of sunshine here now. I'm addicted to quilt books too. I think I have enough to open up my own library!
ReplyDeleteVery cute post. While I love cats very much, I also love cows. Probably because my grandfather raised cattle and I have many fond memories, as a child, on his farm. My heart still skips a beat when it is springtime and I see the young calves.
ReplyDeleteSewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com