I did get one pinwheel block completed yesterday afternoon. I decided I needed to put up the rest of them and see what scraps I should use in the last 3 blocks. Actually they are bigger than scraps, but not big enough to use as a main fabric. You will see my awesome design wall-not. It is a $1.00 flannel back tablecloth. It has been up too long and they don't stick very well. I have been pinning alittle. The design wall is stuck behind the door. This is a small bedroom. I would be mortified for you to see the mess I have in there at the moment. Don't come and visit me for awhile!
Anyway on to the question: Pink or no pink?
I must have made this pink block, before I decided to use just purple and green. Do I make one or two of the remaining 3 blocks with pink OR should I make 4 blocks and use the pink block for something else? Let me know what you think. I'm not concerned about my 2nd batch of blocks made with the layer cake. One thing about using the layer cake, it will all match!
The wheat is planted and now we are working on oats. I baked buns for sandwiches and 4 dozen chocolate chip cookies. DH couldn't believe how the grain cleaners snarfed down the cookies. They must not get homemade ones very often. This morning when DH stopped in for coffee he was wishing he hadn't taken them all out to them. lol I think that was a hint for me to bake some more. Is there anything better than homemade bread? It is my weakness. I never eat bread, but I can't resist a warm bun.
I'm saying a little prayer that things go well today. My quilting group gets together tonight. It is a 30 miles drive in to town. I hope I can sneak away and go have some fun. Hugs to you.........



Janet ... have I told you how much I enjoy your pictures and stories about your life on the prairie? It is like an open window on another world.
ReplyDeleteI am in New England in a small house on a hill in the city with a postage stamp sized yard ... but I am a country girl at heart. Country here means rolling hillside pastures, winding back roads through the woods, tumbling mountain streams and also open rocky promitories that overlook the sea and salt flats and cranberry bogs. I have never been farther west than Wisconsin and Illinois, but even on that trip I could not believe how flat the land was and how it seemed to go on forever. I love looking at the pictures of your four-legs and wildflowers and fields.
Mmmmmmmmm ... warm freshly baked bread ... that incredible scent is wafting through my computer ... making me very hungry! Chocolate chip cookies do not usually last long in our house either. My DH's favorite ... ;-)
Looking at your scrappy pinwheel sampler blocks my first thought was "no pink" ... but I am not much of a pink and purple gal, so I may not be the best to say. It is nice with green, though, as you are using. Then I looked closer at some of the prints and thought ... hmmmmmm ... well, maybe the pink adds something interesting so I was ready to say make some more blcoks that will help pull in the pink and embrace the pink. Then I covered the pink block on my screen and thought ... hmmmmmm ... maybe no pink afterall ... so I am not being much help here ... sow-ry ... lol
I think you will have a bright, pretty and spring-like quilt with or without the pink.
Looking forward to seeing what you choose ...
:-) Pat
Pat worte such a beautiful post. I can't top it by a long shot!
ReplyDeleteMy vote...No pink, and I love pink.
I love pink too and I think do 2 more pink blocks...always go for the odd number, I think. Scattered throughout the quilt, I think they will look nice.
ReplyDeleteHow I wish I had one of those buns! Bet you are a fabulous cook. Used to do lots of cooking, but not much anymore. Your blocks are so pretty - but I think I would put the pink one away for another quilt. You might try adding a little more of the violet color in the uppermost left corner block in another block if you have some of it left. Hope you got to your quilt group and had a good time, Janet. Carol
ReplyDeleteNo question--any guys that come to do work with or for you on the farm will eat! I am sure the homemade buns and cookies are a treat for the guys!
ReplyDeleteI also was not sure of the pink when I first looked. Then when I read the comments. I liked the idea of adding two more blocks with the pink and mix then in. I like the colors with out the pink--also--Sorry guess I'm not much help.
I chuckled with your comment on your room. The same goes my the room I have fabric in right now!
I like the pink. Especially if a little bit of it pops in a couple more times. Now I'm craving chocolate chip cookies and warm buns from the oven. I may have to bake soon.
ReplyDelete