Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie
Crust: 3/4 cup flour 1/2 cup quick cooking oatmeal
1/2 cup chopped pecans 2 tablespoons sugar
dash of salt 1/2 cup melted butter
Mix dry ingredients and nuts together. Pour the melted butter over them and mix. Pat into a 9" pie plate. Bake in the oven at 400 F for 15 minutes-until brown. Cool.
Filling: Beat 8 ounces of soft cream cheese, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, 1/4 cup powdered sugar until smooth and creamy. Spread in the cooled pie crust.
Topping: Slice a quart of washed and cleaned strawberries into a sauce pan. Add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and a scant 1/2 cup of sugar--depends on how sweet the berries are and how sweet you want them.
Stir and mash strawberries slightly. Let this sit for a little bit to get juicy. You can do this before you make the filling and then when the filling is done you will have juice in your pan. Then add 2 tablespoons of cornstarch. Stir over medium heat until it starts to boil. Boil 2 minutes to thicken. Cool. Pour over filling and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving with whipped topping and strawberry garnish.
It really is so good and I wish you could see it. A picture would have made a better blog post. I made 2 and they both disappeared quickly.
I did make it to my baby sister's to see the new baby and hold her. So sweet and small. I also visited with my uncles, who are 96 and 98.
We enjoyed having DD #1 home for a day and 2 nights. She is a big help outside and always fun to spend time with. She had alot of laundry and homework to do too. We moved all the cows to the calving pasture now, so things will be alittle easier. Then we moved the bulls to their spring lot in the opposite direction. "The boys" were glad to get out of the wintering pen. They have been pretty crabby lately and fighting with each other.
Yesterday was a busy day with 12 new calves. DH and I spent the day tagging, vaccinating and moving them to the pairs pasture. It rained in the morning. This morning the sun is shining and another busy day coming.
No sewing here. My purple and green squares are waiting to be made into pinwheels. I have printed off some of the new monthly free projects. I have a feeling I may get behind this month. Have a great day Hugs for you..................

Janet, you are a busy lady! First of all, the strawberry pie sounds yummy. I made red velvet cake as my contribution to Easter dinner plus some deviled eggs. My daughter does the big dinners now and that is so nice. I enjoy reading about you and your DH and all the work you do with your cows and the new offspring. The sewing time will come back again! Hugs back! Carol
ReplyDeleteSounds like you moved cows and calves to the pasture to make room for DD#1...a case of 'no room at the inn'??
ReplyDeleteSounds like you have had a busy time on the farm. Your strawberry pie sounds delicious, no wonder the two of them were eaten before you could snap a photo.
ReplyDelete