Sunday, April 25, 2010

Got Milk?

This little guy looked so funny this morning when I interrupted his breakfast for a milk mustache picture.   There has been no sewing the last few days.  It rained!  Now I know we need rain for the crops and grass to grow, but for calving it's a pain.  It makes alot of extra work making sure everyone is dry and warm.  We also need to give out pills and shots to those who are looking under the weather due to being damp and cold.

This is how the road looks to the calving lot.  Thank goodness for 4-wheel drive!  The babies are wet and cold this morning, but the sun is suppose to shine later today.  My job is to check on everyone, while DH feeds.  The barn is full again with pairs with problems--more barn chores.  We also had another c-section yesterday morning early.  Every one is doing fine, but I didn't get to sew.  :(

Today was a sunnier day.




These little guys enjoyed the sunshine.




Rocco enjoyed the sunshine, but he also got really muddy. So he enjoyed a nice bath today too.


It is pouring rain again tonight as I post.  I'm off to bed for another day of fun and games in the mud. 
I re-read this and I think I sound crabby.  I am so thankful for all the nice weather we have had so far this month.  I am very thankful for the rain---just maybe not the mud.   Hugs to all.................

5 comments:

  1. Interesting! I didn't realize C-sections were done on cows. I've often heard of pulling cows and turning cows but not c-sections. Even though it is rainy and muddy think about those pretty little calves frolicking in the sunshine in a few days. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the rest of the calving goes well. It is pouring rain here as well, hopefully the sun will shine soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for dropping by my blog. Nice to meet you. We do sound a lot alike except I don't have large animals... unless you count my husband and son *LOL* They're pretty big compared to me. The milk mustache is sooo cute! I'd love to live on a farm if someone else did all the work. We back on farmland so we get the peaceful view and we get to watch the horses but we don't have to do any of the work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm home again doing some blog - catch up.
    I LOVE coming to your blog because I learn something everytime I visit. Thank you SO much for ALL that you share.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh sorry to hear you have to work in all that mud and rain. Awful. I would be crummpy too especially if you did not get any sewing done.
    Sorrry Janet I thought I was following you but must not have clicked it right.
    Hope you have a beautiful sunny day today and lots of healthy calfs. They look so cure and so does Rocco

    ReplyDelete