Doesn't this little guy look like a friend of the Lone Ranger, the masked man? (The Lone Ranger was a TV western show popular when I was a child. ) My DH has a weakness for cattle with some white on their faces. Years ago we had Hereford cattle, but changed with the trend to Angus beef. The Hereford cross still shows up in some of our older cattle. DH keeps a few heifers every year that have interesting faces.
This next sleepy baby just has a little white on his head.

You can tell who this girl's mom is. They have look alike faces, but the heifer is brown like her Hereford ancestors.
We had a busy farming day today. They planted wheat in one field. The grain cleaners came after dinner and cleaned our oats seed for planting. I want to work on my pinwheels--maybe tomorrow.
Hugs to you all...........


Your little Lone Ranger is a cutie!
ReplyDeleteLove the little calf with the white face like her mom. Cute little creatures! Carol
ReplyDeleteWe visited our local Devon Farm this morning to go and buy eggs. Loads of calfs around. Don't think they were quite as lucky to be as free range as these. Aren't they cute. Trouble is I always want one to take home. Haven't a clue where I would keep it. x x x
ReplyDeleteThere is something about whiteface that show personality! Have fun with your pinwheels! I love the colors you are using.
ReplyDeleteHi Janet....thank you for stopping by my blog and commenting on my very old photo's...Your like my husband...I think in 40 years of marriage I have seen one or two pictures of him as a kid....not even a birthday party picture!!....me, I have hundreds...You are my first blogger from South Dakota...I must say it looks very very flat out there...what in the world are the winters like when the wind whips up??...and I love the pictures of your dog and cat...so cute that they sit together....Sue @ Rue Mouffetard...
ReplyDeleteHi Janet,
ReplyDeleteI have popped in for a visit because I have seen your photo on a few blogs.
I have enjoyed reading about your life on the farm and seeing your various sewing projects.
Would love to be a follower and maybe you might like to visit me and if you wish follow.
http://maria-lifeontheblock.blogspot.com